Welcome to Dora's Cottage...

Saturday, July 20, 2013

Dining Room

I am still having challenges posting with my Ipad, I guess I need to take a class.  So I am back to my ancient laptop and transporting pics the old fashion way, but like Sy on Duck Dynasty would say "Hey" it works.
I finally finished the dining room.  It was painted terracotta when we moved in and it kind of grew on me.  The curtain panels were left by the previous owner and I found the long floral scarf/valance at a thrift store for $8.  The glass sideboard is made from 2 plant stands and a piece of glass that was also left here.  The 2 Pottery Barn wicker dining chairs are a yard sale find for $15 each.  The antique oval mirror was a gift from my sister.   The rest of the decor I already had and used in previous houses.


The next picture is my yard sale find of the year!   I love this very large oil painting that I scored for $80 at an estate sale.  I have seen these retail for $1400.   The north Atlanta area has awesome sales!

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on your estate sale score... I have yet to attend one... but this is quite the motivation!

    I just love how you have mixed your chairs in the dining room!

    Thanks so for visiting my blog and your kind words. Wishing you a lovely weekend!

    ReplyDelete