Welcome to Dora's Cottage...

Thursday, November 8, 2012

Trash to Treasure and Fall Inspiration

Trash to treasure table.  My neighbor put this table on the road for trash pick up.  When my husband wasn't looking I grabbed it :)  Just kidding, he is used to my dumpster diving.  Anyhoo, it was used outside so all of the paint was crumbling off.  I brought it home and brushed it off and applied a sealer.  I liked the chippy paint look!  I then painted the top green.  I had these left over house numbers so I cut them up and applied the decal.  Lastly my trusty RL tobacco glaze was brushed on.  Since this is the 7th house we have owned I liked the idea of adding the number 7.


 Ain't it cute....The next few picks are of some fall decor scattered around the house...Enjoy!







Joining Common Ground and French Country Cottage and Shabby Creek Cottage this week, join the party

3 comments:

  1. I really like your table redo! I've snagged a few tables from the side of the road, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your table redo is sooooo cute. I have been known to grab from the garbage and this is why! Thanks for sharing!
    Crafty Hugs from your newest follower,
    Pendra
    pendrasplace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your table with the no. 7 too & so glad you're liking you new home. I am in the same house. Decided to take the house off the market for a while. I'll post when it's completed. The painter will be out of town for a week so it will be a while. Thanks for checking it out. Jan

    ReplyDelete