Welcome to Dora's Cottage...

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Tiaras and Tea

 Sorry for the bad picture, this is a gallery wall of vintage huntscene pics  in my family room.
 This saucer was a gift from Buckingham Palace, it is Queen Victoria's commemorative design, and the spoons celebrate Queen Elizabeth's Golden Jubilee.

 Huntscene Teacup collection.
 Huntscene oil painting in hallway.
 Britains Castles transferware displayed in my hutch. I love the brown tones!
The whole world is waiting for the royal wedding, while not obsessed, I am fascinated by the pomp and circumstance.  While blogland is full of Francophiles, I enjoy  English Country.  Don't get me wrong I heart French decor too, but I have a weakness for Huntscenes, Ralph Lauren, trophies etc.  I have took pics of some of the English influences in my home.  I will not be getting up at 4 AM to watch the ceremony, but thank goodness for DVR!
This vignette is on top of a bookcase in my family room.  The huntscene cross stitch was an Ebay purchase that I had framed.  The vintage trophy is a flea market find.


No comments:

Post a Comment